Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Graphing!

Well, I'm back to school today after a short four day hiatus from school. I was at home SICKer than a dog on Friday! That nasty head cold came to get me and put me under! Holy cow...I haven't taken a sick day in THREE years!! I guess it's my turn again...

So, today was interesting getting the little buzzers back into the groove after a substitute and the long holiday weekend. I was trying to remember patience as my 27 little darlin's were so chatty and needed many reminders about school in general today!

I thought I would be trying to frantically find time fillers this afternoon, but that was not the case. It took nearly an hour to get calendar done and I CRUUUISE through calendar on the SmartBoard and just get our graph assembled.

Since I'm running the Sioux Falls Marathon on Sunday, the buzzers have been asking so many questions about running a marathon and exercising in general. I love it! They are learning all about being healthy through my crazy experience. We completed a graph on our favorite exercise. Hopefully tomorrow we can finish the discussion and extension activity with the graph I had planned for today!

Here's a picture of the graph as it stands right now:

Maybe tomorrow I will have enough energy to make it a little bit cuter...any suggestions on the cuteness front???

Hope y'all are feeling great and don't catch the nasty cold bug that's going around!
Marcy

3 comments:

  1. My throat was sore this afternoon, I am sipping a Diet Coke hoping that helps lol! I haven't taken a sick day in almost 2 years because it's so much hassle to plan for a sub, clean up after a sub, and get the kiddos back in procedure after a sub! I love that you are using your experiences to make exercise (and graphing!) meaningful to the kids! No ideas on the cuteness front though, the fact that you have straight lines is impressive enough in my book lol!

    Jennifer Herding Kats In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I chose you for the Versatile Blogger award! Come on over to my blog and check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we had very similar days. It took an HOUR to do a cut and paste activity that should have taken us no more than 15 minutes! WHAT?! The day just spiraled downward from there. I was hoping it meant a weather change and rain was coming to Austin, but no such luck!

    Also, it seems like EVERYONE (teachers) is getting sick early this year. I'm never ever sick either, but I was sick the whole first week of school. C-Razy!
    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete