Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Science Week...AUGH!

First and foremost, I must apologize for the second posting. I know it's against blog rules, but when have I EVER followed the rules? Let's be honest...

I love Science. I love Social Studies. BUT...(enter dun, dun, dun Halloween music) I actually teach them integrated with Math, Writing, Reading, etc. (GASP!?!) I know...I believe the latest terminology for it is project-based learning and I couldn't be more pleased! We'll get in to that more later. Let's get into Teaching Blog Addict's Science week, shall we?



Monday's favorite books (although there are a TON more):

I love using The Tale of Peter Rabbit to introduce our project-based learning unit on living and non-living things!

And I fell in love with this book for our bee PBL unit. The photographs and captions are fascinating!


 Tuesday's favorite websites (again, there are a TON more):

The Magic School Bus. Great videos, printables, games (GASP!) and more!

NASA Kid's Club. Amazing in general. A-MAAAAA-ZING!


That's it! I will try to keep up with the rest of the week on time!
Geesh...27 kids isn't a handful or anything. :)

Marcy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment