Friday, January 20, 2012

Perfect Picture Book Friday- Deep Snow

I cannot believe I have been missing out on this linky party! Where have I been?? Oh well, I'm excited to start in this Friday book talk!
Not the best picture...sorry I couldn't find a better one!

Deep Snow
Written By: Robert Munsch
Illustrated By: Michael Martchenko
Scholastic Inc., 2006, Fiction
Suitable For: ages 5 and up
Themes: Snow, Winter, Seasonal Actvities

Opening:
"Way out in the middle of nowhere, Ali suddenly yelled, "STOP!"
"What's the matter?" said her father.
"I want to jump in the snow," said Ali.
"No," said her sister Kate, "that is deep, deep, deeeeeeeep snow!"
"I still want to jump in it," said Ali.
"This is not a good idea," said Kate."

Brief Synopsis: I hate to give it away so if you don't want the surprise ruined, read on.
They have to get something out of the snow. I hope I haven't said too much.

Links to Resources: I haven't found any yet....so if you find some, post a comment below and I'll get them added!

Why I Like This Book: Because it's by Robert Munsch, duh! :)
I love the voice in his books. He adds humor in his books which kids "get" and understand. I love using Robert Munsch books to teach how to use voice in kids' writing! I loved using this book today after the 6 inches of snow we received early this morning.....

10 comments:

  1. Hi there! I'm so thrilled to have you joining us for Perfect Picture Books and so embarrassed that I'm not sure who you are! Do I know you by a different name? Anyway, this book looks delightful, and I'm glad to have it for the list. We'll have to put our heads together and come up with some resources, though! Thanks so much for joining in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great book to add to my wish list! =)
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun book! Glad you told us about it!
    Erik :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun book for a wintry day. Can only imagine what's in the snow. Glad to have you join us. Great book for our list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are joining the party, and, no, you haven't given too much away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Joanna. Not to much away. There are several books this week with winter themes. You might find a resource on one of those PPBF listings that you could also use for this book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just put it on my list! Thanks for the review! Love your cupcake blog theme btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one snow book I have never heard of, so thank you for selecting it for Susannah's PPBF. I've only been aboard for 2 weeks.:)

    I'm always looking for more picture books for my school programs...and as I'm in Colorado, books that contain snow are always good choices. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all, LOVE your blog :) Secondly, I love humor in kids books too! Welcome to Perfect Picture Book Fridays. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to PPBF -- and thanks for introducing me to Robert Munsch. I'm new to the picture book scene, so it's wonderful to visit all the PPBF entries and "meet" new authors! :)

    ReplyDelete