Tuesday, August 9, 2011

C.E.O. and Fifty's Nifty!!!!

I hope y'all are doing well workin' in your classrooms. Some of you in the heat yet!? Oh my word. I couldn't do it...I guess there's one good thing that came out of the mold: they turned the air on at my school!

Today I wanted to share with you what I do for a classroom helper in my room. I cannot keep up with having 10 different jobs in the classroom like some of you. You know, 1 kiddie gets to be the line leader, 1 kiddie gets to be door holder, 1 kiddie is the plant feeder. Yeah, I can't keep track of that. So my bestie, who now stays home and comes up with great ideas for me to try (LOVE!!!), always had a C.E.O.- Chief Example for Others. I guess I loved it enough to continue the tradition. Since I have the bee theme going in my classroom, I decided to make a sign that says, "BEE a C.E.O." so that it has more of a connection to our theme. Here's the sign:


I give my C.E.O. a seperate working area for the week. They LOVE this because it's like their own little teacher desk almost. This is why I choose carefully those very first times! I let mine be the C.E.O. for the whole week so they really become attached to their personal work area!
Here's a picture of the C.E.O. desk this year:

And yes, those flowers are cute little pens!
And the C.E.O. wouldn't be complete without a brief case to carry their goodies around in all week, right? So, here's an old briefcase of my sweet hubbies that he lets me use because he doesn't need it anymore. Love that guy.

In the past, on Fridays, I would draw a name out of a fancy little box to be the new C.E.O. for the next week. They would take the briefcase home and fill it with 5 of their favorite things and bring it back on Monday to share with the class. The remainder of the days, they would be just my go-to guy/gal when I needed something. This year, thanks to this awesome post from What the Teacher Wants, I am going to do something every day of the week for them! I love that!

Here's what I plan on doing for my C.E.O.:
Monday- Share their 5 things from the C.E.O. bag
Tuesday- Read their favorite book either from home or school
Wednesday- Read aloud their parent letter
Thursday- Share their C.E.O. questionairre (pictured below)
Friday- Lunch with their parent (hopefully, if their parent came come! if not, maybe their reading buddy or sit by their bff)

And that's my C.E.O.!


And FIFTY followers? Who'd a thought? THANK YOU for stickin' around! Be watching for a way cool giveaway later on in the week...my mind has been on auto-ponder about somethin' REAL good for you guys. After all, it takes a lot to put up with my mumbo jumbo!! :)

Have a great Tuesday!!!
Marcy




2 comments:

  1. great ideas! My school has not done student of the week etc in the past, I will have to run this by our new principal. If she approves I know how I'll run it in my class now!

    Jennifer ! Herding Kats In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't do classroom jobs either. Makes me crazy trying to keep up with it all. :)

    I LOVE the idea of a class CEO though. Super cute!

    Oh My Little Classity Class

    ReplyDelete