Monday, August 22, 2011

Meet the Teacher Monday!

So excited today! It's my 1st day of school! And I'm so excited to be joining Blog Hoppin' for Meet the Teacher Monday! Go on over and check it out...super fun activities all week!

Tell us a little something about you...
I'm Marcy and I blog on this sweet little blog! I LOVE cupcakes, especially from my favorite local shop, Oh My Cupcakes!

How long have you been teaching?
I have been teaching for hard to believe five years! It flies by, holy cow! I taught kindergarten for three years and I am in my second year of 1st grade and absolutely LOOOOOOVE it! I LOVE teaching reading! I LOVE teaching through project-based learning! I LOVE using my SmartBoard and I LOVE teaching individualized spelling!

You might not know...
I have always wanted to be a teacher. I knew it was my calling since I came out of the womb! Teaching runs in the family blood! I cherished every summer I got to spend in my aunt's classroom(s), helping them put their classrooms together and spending the week in Minneapolis with them.

What are you looking most forward to this school year?
I am looking forward to teaching 27 little ones how to read, write and do math. :)
I am completing more training on project-based learning and I am super excited about that. I also have a little one with severe autism, so I am looking forward to watching him blossom, along with the others of course, too!

What do you need to improve?
I need to improve my math instruction. I would LOVE to implement the Daily 5 Math but I don't want to over-extend myself either. I do math stations on Friday and those could use some work, too!

What teaching supplies can you *not* live without?

* BIC Mark-It Permanent Markers
* Project Popperz Markers
* Diet Dr. Pepper
* My iPad to tell me where I need to be and when
* My clipboard with my lesson plans on it!

I hope you have enjoyed getting to learn more about me! I can't wait to read all of your posts, too! Stay tuned for more from Teacher Week 2011!!!

Marcy

P.S. You have a little more time to enter into my Project Popperz giveaway for 50 followers!! I will be closing it at 4:00pm CST and drawing later tonight!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marcy,
    I am also in my second year of teaching first grade. Hope you had a great first day back.

    candydishtreats.blogspot.com
    primaryprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, yes, the iPad...genius invention!

    Have a great year!!
    ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete